The deadline to waive or enroll in insurance has been extended to Monday, September 25, 2017.
If you waive, it will take up to 7 business days for the $1,270 credit to appear on your Student Account.
Click the Student Blue logo to waive or enroll or copy and paste the web address into your browser
Health Insurance Requirement – Fall 2017
Students are required to have health insurance. Students may remain on their parents’ insurance or buy their own insurance. Students provide the university proof of insurance with an on-line waiver. Students without insurance may purchase the Student Blue Student Health Insurance.
The web portal will be open June 1 to September 11, 2017, to waive or enroll in the Student Blue insurance for Fall 2017. Click the Student Blue link above.
The premium for Fall 2017 Student Blue health insurance is $1270.00. The benefits, deductible and copay are unchanged from the 2016-17 Student Blue insurance.
If you have insurance, you must have an approved waiver so that you will not be responsible for the Student Blue insurance premium of $1270.00.
Please read the emails from Student Blue and Student Health Insurance Dept. for the most up-to-date status of your waiver request. Emails will be sent to the student’s .uncc email address. Student Blue has the option for you to add one other email address.
Student Blue cost and coverage dates
The UNC System has selected Student Blue as the Student Health Insurance carrier for the 2017-18 academic year. Student Blue is underwritten by Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina.
The Student Blue premium for 2017-18 is charged twice a year.
$1270.00 for the Fall Semester (coverage for August 1-December 31, 2017)
$1270.00 for the Spring Semester (coverage for January 1-July 31, 2018)
Annual cost $2540.00: equivalent to $211.67 per month.
- The deadline to waive the student health insurance is September 11, 2017. All waivers must be submitted on-line at the Student Blue site (link above). An approved waiver will remove the $1270.00 charge from a Student Account in a 4-6 week days.
- Fall Semester: To be eligible for a waiver, your insurance must have an effective date no later than September 1, 2017. Spring Semester: To be eligible for a waiver, your insurance must have an effective date no later than February 1, 2018.
- Students who have an existing Blue Cross Blue Shield plan for family or individual coverage must complete the waiver process as well. Students who are covered under a different health insurance plan are welcome to consider Student Blue.
- If you have out-of-state health insurance, please review your insurance plan to confirm the type of medical coverage it has in the Charlotte region. The waiver verification process does not check this.
Who is required to have insurance?
The following UNC Charlotte students are required to have health insurance and are automatically charged for the UNC System Student Health Insurance Plan when they register for the semester. You must provide proof of insurance on-line at the Student Blue link above in order to waive the premium:
Undergraduate Students: enrolled in six or more degree-seeking credit hours.
Graduate Students: enrolled in three or more credit hours in a degree-seeking or certificate program.
International Students: all F-1 and J-1 visas - regardless of credit hours
The fine print…please read
- The Insurance Requirement does not apply to students enrolled in a Distance Education program.
- Many online courses are not designated as Distance Education.
- If you have been charged $1270.00 for the Student Blue plan on your UNC Charlotte Student Account, you are required to have insurance.
- Only students who are eligible for the mandatory hard waiver UNC System Student Health Insurance Plan are eligible for coverage.
- All charges for the Student Blue insurance premium will appear on your UNC Charlotte Student Account. Please review it to see charges and credits. When your waiver has been approved, a credit of the amount of the premium amount will appear.
- Student Blue insurance will NOT provide coverage for dependents, (spouses, domestic partners and children). It also does not cover students on a voluntary basis.
- Insurance premiums cannot be prorated.
If you have any questions about the insurance or why you were charged for insurance, please call or email us. Also, feel free to come to the Insurance Office on the Student Health Center lower level.
Phone: 704-687-7435 Email: email@example.com