Co-op, Student Interns, and Student Teaching students are eligible to enroll in Student Blue health insurance. The premium, enrollment and coverage dates are the same as all other students.
HOW TO ENROLL IN STUDENT BLUE: see below. Enrollment cannot be done on-line since this is outside the normal Student Blue enrollment system.
Co-op, Student Interns, and Student Teaching students are eligible to enroll in Student Blue but are not required to buy it so long as the student:
- Is enrolled in at least 6 credit hours for undergraduate or 3 credit hours for graduate students,
- Is degree-seeking participating in a campus-sponsored internship, a co-op semester, or student teaching that is required as part of the academic degree program.
HOW TO ENROLL: A student who meets the above criteria must enroll in Student Blue by emailing the Student Health Center Insurance Office at this address: email@example.com
Include in your email you want to enroll in Student Blue student health insurance and:
- Specify if you are a Co-op, Student Intern, or Student Teaching student
- Your Last Name
- First Name
- Middle Initial
UNC Charlotte ID Number
- Date of Birth
- Mailing address to send your insurance card
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Grad or Undergrad
- Domestic or International
- Would you like abortion coverage for the first 16 weeks of pregnancy? Yes or No (If you do not answer, defaults to “No”)
You will be enrolled in Student Blue health insurance within 3 business days. Your Student Account will be charged the semester premium within 3 business days.